Speakout is a general English course developed in association with BBC Worldwide and BBC Learning English
With its authentic material from the BBC, Speakout exposes students to language as it is really used giving them confidence to communicate.
Speakout has a wide range of support materials to meet the diverse needs of learners including:
• DVD lessons using extracts from authentic BBC programmes
• ActiveBook - the complete digital version of the Students' Book
• Video podcasts with English as it is really spoken
• ActiveTeach - everything a teacher needs on a disc for IWBs or computer and projector
• Teacher's Resource Book with full teaching notes, activities and tests
The Speakout Workbook contains a wide variety of practice exercises that review all the language areas studied in the Student's Book:
• Grammar, vocabulary and functional language exercises help to consolidate and extend new language
• Extra practice in reading, writing and listening extends learners' skills
• Regular review and check sections as well as mini tests allow students to check their progress
The Speakout Teacher's Resource Book contains everything the teacher needs:
• Detailed teaching notes including extension ideas, teaching tips and culture notes.
• An extensive bank of photocopiable activities covering grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation as well as the four skills.
Active Teach includes:
• All the audio and video from the book
• All the pages with a 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' feature
• Fully functional IWB tools
• The ability to save all your notes alongside the relevant page of the Student's Book
• Extra resources including review games and activities
The Active Book includes:
• Easy navigation of Student's Book pages with zoom in facility
• Video and Audio available at the touch of a button
• Students are able to store their notes with the Active Book note taking facility
• Extra video podcasts with accompanying worksheets
MyEnglishLab has a wide range of activities that are instantly graded and correlated to your Speakout course.
To help students engage with these activities there are 'tips' that direct students to reference material that will help them complete exercises, and 'hints' that provide learning opportunities by encouraging students to work out the answers for themselves.
MyEnglishLab for Speakout gives teachers instant access to a range of diagnostic tools. The Gradebook enables teachers to see at-a-glance how students are progressing. It can be viewed for the class or individual students. There are also placement tests, and end of unit tests which can all be assigned to your students.
The Common Error Report enables you to see which errors are the most common and which of your students are making these errors. With this information you can focus class time on the areas that are needed the most and if necessary assign remedial activities.
You can assign tasks to the whole class, groups of students, or individual students to help them reach their goals more effectively